TCS Ninja Interview Questions 2018 For Freshers
I qualified TCS Ninja NQT and my Interview was scheduled on 5th of October 2018
Background: I am B.Tech CSE student (2015-2019 batch) from Meerut Institute of Engineering & Technology, Meerut UP.
Since, the TCS NQT was open for all branches a total of 251 students from our college were qualified. So because of this large number, interview venue was our college.
Experience: My experience is quite different from others, as i read others answers too.
First off all I was already placed in Wipro through our campus placements with a CTC more than that of TCS, so i was not so serious for TCS, I reached the venue half hour late, without any tention with a smiling face:)
Since, I was already well prepared, because I had already faced wipro interview. So i didn’t prepared this time.
There were approx 20 panels, among which our application form were distributed randomly after collecting from us and I was called in panel no. 18.
I entered the cabin, there were two men, one was young of approx 30 of age, and another was approx 45 of age. After a while I got to know younger one was for Tecnical Interview and other was for Managerial Interview.
After a formal introduction they took my resume and started asking questions. There were alternative questions from technical and from managerial.
Believe me, the interviewer didn’t asked me a single question from Data Structure, OS, Algorithms, C, Java, or OOPs etc. Reason was, in my resume I had given more emphasis on web technologies.
- How to change the color of text after loading the complete webpage.
- How to keep the size of all bolck of HTML table equal, even after unequal data inside them. (Using CSS and jQuery).
- Difference between a Framework and a Library.
- They also discussed my final year project, because that was mentioned in my resume, and many more verbal questions.
TCS Managerial questions I was asked were as follows.
- You are working in Web Development but, what if we put you in documentation work.
- How would you handle a person as a team manager if he is not working properly.
- What If we send you to a remote location far away from your place.
- What are your hobbies and interest.?
- As I told him that I am running a technical blog, he asked me what type of article do you write? I replied — about computers and technology. Then he asked, when and by whome first computer was invented.?
Since questions were asked alternatively , after 20 to 25 minutes, the young man said, “Ok I am done with you”, Other said “ok then you can wait for a call for HR Interview”.
Then after half hour of wait I got a call for HR interview. This time there was a sweet lady, she was talking in such a pleasant way that I was enjoying the interview.
After discussing about me, my family and aspirations etc, Questions she asked are as follows
- Is it your first interview or are you selected any where else. (I replied that, it is my second interview and previously I have been selected for Wipro Technologies).
- She asked, Ok if we select you, will you join TCS with a lower CTC than that of Wipro, and if yes the why?
- What do you know about TCS.
- What is TCS’s last year revenue.
- Then she advised me that please accept the offer if you really want to join, and she told me some policies of TCS.
- Last question was “Do you have any question for me”?
On 10th of October I received my TCS offer letter via email.